Thursday, April 28, 2011

home making for girls

Check out the post below from Home Grown Mom......My daughters and I will be participating :) 


Homemaking. Such a simple word for such a complex job. How does one go about making a home?
There’s cooking and cleaning, of course. But there’s so much more to it, isn’t there? And as we begin to teach our daughters, it can be confusing and overwhelming.
Maybe, like so many of the moms I’ve heard from, no one ever taught you how to run a home. Maybe you’ve figured it all out via trial and error, and — thanks be to God — it’s going okay. Sure, there’s been bumps and bruises along the way, but you’re on the way.
But we want more for our daughters. We don’t want them to fumble their way through the first few years of marriage, and learn the hard way. We want to teach them as they grow under our care… to cook, to clean. To love God’s Word. To practice hospitality. To respect their husbands.
For 30 Days in May, we’ll be doing just that here at Homegrown Mom. An exciting line up of guests will be posting every day about Homemaking for Girls. Check out the list of contributors.You might recognize one or two ;) I do have a guest spot or two open, so if you’d like to submit a guest post, email me.
Along with the amazing writers pitching in, I have to give a shout out to our sponsor, Plan to Eat, Meal Planning Made Simple. Their site has made my life much simpler, which means I’ve got more time to spend with my girls! I’ve even been using it as a tool to teach homemaking, teaching my 14 year old to navigate the user-friendly site and plan our meals.
In addition to learning some new skills, we’re going to have some fun, too. Every Monday in May, I’ll be giving away some awesome homemaking resources! Be on the lookout, too, for printables, lots of how-to’s, and encouragement from moms who’ve been there!
If you want to keep up with the series, you can subscribe here by RSS or get posts to your inbox.
As always, this series is for you incredible readers! If you have any suggestions or specific posts you’d like to see, don’t hesitate to let me know.

1 comment:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Sounds like a fun program - hope it was a huge success.

Related Posts with Thumbnails